Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wedding Rings

 The Legend of the Wedding Ring

Author Unknown
 In a far off country many centuries ago, 
A kind young king was married to a princess he loved. 
Together they lived happily 
Until they learned one day that duties were to force 
The king to journey far away. 
One night, before he left, 
He tossed some pebbles into a moonlit pool
 On the palace grounds 
As he sat thinking of his lovely Queen.
 Something wonderful occurred to him 
As the lovely ripples widened, 
From where the little pebbles had fallen. 
The next day, 
Remembering the glistening circles he had seen, 
He had a gold ring made
 To fit the finger of his Queen. 
"There is no ending or beginning 
To the circle of this band", 
The King said as he slipped it on her finger,
 "And that is why I have chosen this golden ring 
To be a pledge to you- 
My love will last through all eternity."
 And so, since that time, 
A golden ring has been a symbol 
Of the beauty of devotion 
And the beauty of the endlessness of love.

I thought that little poem was nice. I got his ring in the mail on Monday! I was so excited! I purchased it on Etsy from Brent and Jess. I saw these rings a few years back and fell in love with them! I thought the fingerprint was the neatest thing. I was worried that it would either not arrive on time (I waited until last minute to order it...) or that it would not fit. Luckily it came before the wedding AND it fits!

P.S. His is the lower ring, mine is the top one in case you were wondering. :P

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment