Sunday, June 10, 2012

Scalloped Skirt

I finished a skirt! I was not sure how much fabric to get, so I went on the higher side and got two yards. I only needed one though. The tutorial was really easy to follow. My only change would have been to make it longer. My beau said it looks like a tennis skirt. Also, the skirt is an odd color, but I just found a white shirt at a thrift store today that I think will match nicely. I think it is a half-circle skirt and I like it a bit more than a full-circle skirt for me, and it uses less fabric.{I know it is not quite Sunday, but in other time zones

Pattern: Vivat Veritas:Scallop Waist Skirt
Size Made: 12 (But added about two inches to the length)
Cost: I paid $12 for two yards, but only used about one-so $6 for the fabric, $1 for the thread (on sale!), $1 for the zipper (on sale too!), $2 for some white bias tape, but just used a little. Total cost=$9


It was a windy day, but I was determined to get pictures! Me channeling Marilyn Monroe! Haha!

I am just so photogenic....





 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment